Licensed Psychiatrist | PRN
Location: Houston , TX
Apply in less than 3 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer
The Harris Center is looking for an experienced Psychiatrist to join our team providing Mental Health services to Harris County
About the Position
The Psychiatrist at The Harris Center operates under the direction of the Medical Director of Mental Health Service and the Unit Lead Psychiatrist to provide psychiatric treatment via psychiatric evaluations, medication maintenance, and crisis interventions. Following any evaluations, you will continue to consult on the patient’s case and prescribe rehabilitative therapies in addition to providing clinical leadership to the treatment team. You will also need to complete all required documentation associated with compliance.
About our Outpatient Mental Health Services
At The Harris Center, we are passionate about helping our clients live to their fullest potential. Each person that visits our outpatient clinics throughout Harris County has their own unique diagnoses, symptoms, and functioning levels, so our teams create service plans specially designed to meet the unique needs of each person.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Prescription plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Retirement plans with company matching
- Free banking
- Generous PTO
- Family and Medical leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- New hire referral bonus
- Various discounts (mobile phone service, fitness centers and other wellness amenities)
- Loan Repayment Programs
- Shift Differential for Relief (PRN) shifts
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School and Psychiatric Residency Program
- Texas Medical License (speciality in Psychiatry)
- Board Eligible or Certified in General Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent, and Forensic
- Current Controlled Substance Registration certificate from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
- Registered with the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP)
- Willing to supervise APRNs, PAs, Residents, and Medical Students
About The Harris Center
The Harris Center is the state-designated Local Mental Health Authority and Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) Authority serving Harris County, Texas. As the largest behavioral and developmental disability care center in Texas, The Harris Center provides a full continuum of services at 86 different sites across Harris County in more than 42 different languages as well as sign language in order to better serve our community. We are committed to meeting the behavioral health and IDD needs of Harris County residents and giving them hope to live to their fullest potential.
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (“The HARRIS CENTER”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.