Mental Health Counselor | Crisis Line
Location: Houston , TX
Apply in less than 3 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer
The Harris Center is looking for an experienced Mental Health Counselor to join our Crisis Line service
About the Position
A Mental Health Counselor serving on the Crisis Line is part of our team dedicated to serving people experiencing a mental health or intellectual/developmental disability crisis in our community 24/7. As a Crisis Line Counselor, you will provide immediate intervention and deescalation to help prevent harm to the caller or others. You will work collaboratively with the person and providing the caller an opportunity to explore and brainstorm options in order to create effective coping and safety strategies as well as connect the individual to appropriate care via resources and referrals when necessary. An important part of the Crisis Line Counselor's role is to create a safe and nonjudgemental space for people in crisis to tell their story, help break their problems down into smaller and more manageable components, and offer hope to individuals. It is important for the Crisis Counselor to build a connection and rapport with the caller and be empathetic throughout the Crisis Line procedures of Follow-Ups, Notifications, contact the correct screeners, use of emergency response, and more.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Prescription plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Retirement plans with company matching
- Free banking
- Generous PTO
- Family and Medical leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- New hire referral bonus
- Various discounts (mobile phone service, fitness centers and other wellness amenities)
- Loan Repayment Programs
- Mid-Day: Thursday - Monday 12:30pm - 9:30pm
- Evening 1: Thursday - Monday 2:30pm - 11:30pm
- Evening 2: Wednesday - Sunday 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Evening 3: Wednesday - Sunday 4:30pm - 1:30am
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, or another human services degree
- Customer service experience
- Preferably phone related
- Ability to complete 200+ hours of training provided by The Harris Center
- Training will include telephonic customer service, Crisis Intervention Theory, listening skills, call management skills, mental health issues, Intellectual/Developmental Disability issues, Suicide and Homicide Risk Assessments, The Harris Center Services and Programs, community resources, and more
About The Harris Center
The Harris Center is the state-designated Local Mental Health Authority and Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) Authority serving Harris County, Texas. As the largest behavioral and developmental disability care center in Texas, The Harris Center provides a full continuum of services at 86 different sites across Harris County in more than 42 different languages as well as sign language in order to better serve our community. We are committed to meeting the behavioral health and IDD needs of Harris County residents and giving them hope to live to their fullest potential.
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (“The HARRIS CENTER”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.