Medical Director | Child Adolescent Mental Health
Location: Houston , TX
Apply in less than 3 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer
The Harris Center for Mental Health & IDD is looking for a new Medical Director to join our Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services team!
$15k Sign-On Bonus available!
About the Position
The Medical Director of Child and Adolescent Services (CAS) at The HARRIS CENTER will be responsible for the core functions of mental health services at our outpatient clinics in regard to our Child and Adolescent Services. Under the direction of the VP of Mental Health Medical Services, you will oversee the outpatient clinics, co-location sites, and various programs, such as Youth Empowerment Services (YES) Waiver, Juvenile Justice, and other specialties. For these programs, the CAS Medical Director will direct and coordinate the medical management, quality improvement, transitions of care, and credentialing/onboarding for child mental health providers. This position's responsibilities are split between administrative leadership and direct patient care . The Medical Director, CAS position does require travel in order to ensure effective leadership across our outpatient clinics.
- $15k sign-on bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Prescription plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(a), 403(b), or 457 retirement plans with matching
- Generous PTO
- Competitive salary
- Family and Medical leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Loan Repayment Coordination Assistance
- Professional development programs
- New hire referral bonus
- Graduate from an approved College of Medicine or Osteopathy
- Completion of General and/or Child Psychiatry residency
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry residency preferred
- Board-eligible or Board-Certified in General Psychiatry with Child and Adolescent
- Forensic Psychiatry preferred
- Licensed to practice medicine in State of Texas
- DEA number, Texas Controlled Substance number, and Triplicate Prescriptions
- 1 year of community psychiatry experience
- Experience in forensic, criminal justice, or correctional psychiatry, preferred
About The Harris Center for Mental Health & IDD
The Harris Center is the state-designated Local Mental Health Authority and Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) Authority serving Harris County, Texas. As the largest behavioral and developmental disability care center in Texas, The Harris Center provides a full continuum of services at 86 different sites across Harris County in more than 42 different languages as well as sign language in order to better serve our community. We are committed to meeting the behavioral health and IDD needs of Harris County residents and giving them hope to live to their fullest potential.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet, or computer.
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (“The HARRIS CENTER”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.