Location: Houston , TX
Apply in less than 3 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer
The Harris Center is looking for an experienced Pharmacy Technician to join our team
About the Position
The Pharmacy Technician at The Harris Center works under the direction of the pharmacist in charge to prepare consumer's prescriptions according to the rules and regulations of the Texas State Board of Pharmacy. You will also assist customers in enrolling in Patient Assistance Programs to get access to "free medications." The Pharmacy Technician also pre-packs supplies, generates reports, and maintains inventory levels in between preparing prescriptions. You will need to accurately enter patient information into the Pharmacy Computer system as well as the medication information, including strength and route.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Prescription plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Retirement plans with company matching
- Free banking
- Generous PTO
- Family and Medical leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- New hire referral bonus
- Various discounts (mobile phone service, fitness centers and other wellness amenities)
- Loan Repayment Programs
- Shift Differential for Relief (PRN) shifts
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Texas Driver's License
- Certified Pharmacy Technician through Texas State Board of Pharmacy
- 3 years experience as pharmacy technician
About The Harris Center
The Harris Center is the state-designated Local Mental Health Authority and Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) Authority serving Harris County, Texas. As the largest behavioral and developmental disability care center in Texas, The Harris Center provides a full continuum of services at 86 different sites across Harris County in more than 42 different languages as well as sign language in order to better serve our community. We are committed to meeting the behavioral health and IDD needs of Harris County residents and giving them hope to live to their fullest potential.
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (“The HARRIS CENTER”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.