Why Join Us
The Harris Center is committed to meeting the behavioral health and intellectual/developmental needs of Harris County residents and empowering them to improve their life through an accessible, integrated and comprehensive recovery-oriented system of care.
The Harris Center offers competitive salary, excellent benefits package, retirement plans with company matching, prior service credit towards generous PTO accrual and more. We work diligently to provide excellent benefits to employees and their eligible dependents.
Some of our current offerings include:
Health and Wellbeing
- Medical insurance - Comprehensive medical coverage provides you and your eligible dependents with access to network and non-network health care providers. Coverage for employees and family begins on the first day of the month after 30 days of employment.
- Dental insurance - Plan offers two choices of coverage (preventive care, basic services and major services) to help you and your family maintain dental health. Coverage for employees and family begins on the first day of the month after 30 days of employment.
- Vision care - Coverage includes an eye exam and glasses and/or contact lenses on an annual basis. Additional discount program offers savings on products and services. Coverage for employees and family begins on the first day of the month after 30 days of employment.
- Prescription plan - Plan offers discounts on generic and brand-name drugs at pharmacies or through a convenient home delivery program. Coverage for employees and family begins on the first day of the month after 30 days of employment.
- Flexible spending accounts - Optional pre-tax contributions offset non-covered medical or dependent care costs.
- 401(a) savings program - Diverse investment options with agency contribution helps employees save for retirement.
- 403(b) savings program - Diverse investment options in which employees may contribute pre-tax earnings via payroll deductions. We have various vendors that employees can select from. New employees can enroll immediately!
- 457 savings program - A defined contribution retirement plan that is available to governmental employers and allows an opportunity for additional pre-tax saving.
- Free Banking - Optional membership provides a full range of financial services.
Protecting Your Future
- Life and accident insurance - Coverage provided at no cost with option to purchase supplemental coverage for employees, spouses, and children.
- Short-term and long-term disability - Income protection available in the event of non-work-related injuries.
- Family and medical leave - Job protection to provide care related to a child's birth or adoption, or for yourself or a family member's serious health condition.
- Employee Assistance Program - Confidential off-site counseling for our employees and their families to assist in handling sensitive personal and family matters.
- New hire referral bonus - Encourages and rewards employees who refer quality candidates for hiring consideration. Referrals make great hires!
- Discounts are also available on an optional basis. These include mobile phone service, fitness centers and other wellness amenities.
- The Harris Center is an eligible Employer for qualifying Loan Repayment Programs (60x30TX, Public Student Loan Forgiveness PSLF)